From OCE Space Simulation
The term "Simulator Loft" describes an area in the current room W027. For the area in the old room E016, see Simulator Area.
The Simulator Loft houses the following objects:
- The patch panel and network hub that services the network at 440 Albert, along with a number of network cables
- A large bookcase housing not only books about science but ancient Spacesim records
- A pile of mats and one bunk formerly from the Hawking II for simulators to sleep on during the Mission, when they are allowed to.
- The computers Bill Nye, Temaire, and Cassini, found on the List of Computers
- A series of light switches that control the power to the individual rooms of the habitat. It is important to note that the computers, the fridge and the microwave run on a seperate circuit (an emergency backup generator in the Beta reality), and although the light switches can cut power to lights and outlets in the habitat they cannot affect these crucial systems. One switch each controls the lights and plugs in the Interlock, the Longhouse, and Command and Control, and a fourth switch controls the Hotlab, Engineering Closet, Airlock, and the outlets in the Bathroom. There is no way to turn off the lights in the washroom. A fifth switch turns all the other switches on.
- A television that can switch between any feed from any camera inside the habitat
- 4 chairs
- Stereo equipment that runs the sound system within the habitat
- In the 2013-14 year, a plumbing system for the Habitat was installed. The water suppply is stored in the loft and maintained by the Simulators.
- Also in 2013-14, tiles were added to the loft to replace the dangerous wooden floor. It is no longer necessary to choose between wearing shoes and getting splinters.