In the EECOM software the Engineering Closet is treated as the same room as the Interlock. Because of this it is treated as not being airtight, and although it has the metal tabs necessary to support door panels they are not wired. Despite this, EECOM displays a door between the Interlock and Engineering Closet, which simply never registers pressure differences. There was an Engineering Closet in the Hawking II for a few months before the room change.
Project to Clean the Engineering Closet
- attached a shelf to the top of the closet's wooden structure
- boarded up holes to make it look airtight
- replaced pieces of duct tape that were letting light through or falling off
- procured a ShopVac and used Aluminium Tape to make it look like an air compression system
- found some boxes with lots of wires
Mikaela Stiver notably designed and built a small door to cover up the indent outside of the engineering closet's power box, as well as to provide easy access to the closet from outside the habitat.