From OCE Space Simulation
| OCESS |
|Table of Contents|
|Mission Control Staff|
An Observer in Mission Control is tasked with observing Mission Control operations of with regard to the following of protocol.
Observer is not a mission critical position.
- Observers are not assigned any computer station.
- Observers should be given a hard-copy of all procedures. This copy must be turned in to the Flight Director on conclusion of an Observer's shift.
- All observations should be taken in a notebook assigned to observations for that mission at the start of the mission. This notebook must be turned in to the Flight Director upon the conclusion of an Observer's shift.
- If a situation arises for which a procedure does not exist, the Observer should make a note of the situation, so that procedures can be developed.
- If a Mission Controller is in violation of protocols, the Observer should inform that mission controller, or if this is a repeat offense, inform FLIGHT
- Answer all protocol questions posed by Mission Controllers, and advise FLIGHT.