| OCESS |
|Table of Contents|
|Mission Control Staff|
GNC, is the officer in Mission Control responsible for observing the takeoff and landing of the Habitat.
While GNC is responsible for takeoff and landing, FIDO is responsible for all other flight characteristics.
- GNC is allocated a computer in Mission Control
- Orbit Telemetry Software (Flight Path Above Ground)
- Transfer Orbit Calculator
- FIDO acts as an assistant to GNC during takeoff and landing
GNC should have certification in MC PILOT.
It is GNC's responsibility to determine an appropriate launch-window for the Habitat taking into account:
- Mission Destination
- Necessity to dock with AYSE or ISS
The landing site will have been chosen as part of the Mission Objectives, it is GNC's responsibility to determine the de-orbit burn necessary to land at that location.