Duct Tape is a lustrous grey material with an adhesive-coated underside. Contrary to its name (or at least the sound of it), duct tape is not made from actual ducks. Duct Tape is also similar to Aluminium Tape, but more adhesive and less expensive. Duct tape is therefore used more liberally in contruction while aluminum tape is used to make things look like space components and when a highly conductive tape is desired.
Things Duct Tape Can Help With
- Fastening things to other things
- Fastening parts of things together
- Fixing holes in the wall
- Fixing cracks in things
- Making people stop talking
- Arts and crafts
- Making things shiny (Up to 640% more awesome than glitter)
- Holding more things on one's person than they have hands/pockets for
- Making things stop moving
- Making people stop moving
- Making small rodents stop moving
- Making large rodents stop moving
- Taping Ducts (Maybe)
- Taping Ducks (Definitely)
- Making broken items in Munchkin
- Being awesome
The Silver Rule is simple: "If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40."
More information can be found at Wikipedia.