Evacuation (alpha procedures)
6.2 HABITAT ALPHA EVACUATION
6.2.1 General Procedure
This is a full evacuation of the Habitat modules. All astronauts are to exit immediately by way of the predetermined escape routes. The teacher advisor or designate shall be the last to evacuate.
126.96.36.199 Primary Evacuation Routes
- Mission control: out the door to the hallway, turn to the right, up the stairs and out the door.
- Longhouse & Washroom: out the longhouse exit door, turn right, up the stairs and out the exit door.
- Interlock: out the airlock door, straight ahead, two right turns past the longhouse exit, up the stairs and out the exit door.
- Hotlab Fire: exit via interlock.
- Other Fires: push out the break-away wall, proceed through the opening, three left turns around the interlock to the stairs, up the stairs and out the exit door.
188.8.131.52 Secondary Evacuation Routes
- Mission control: for fires in the hallway area, proceed through the door by the file cabinet and follow hotlab escape route or proceed through the door by the network tower and follow the interlock escape route.
- Fires in the Habitat: alternate exits from the habitat may be selected based on the location of a fire. Follow the appropriate evacuation route for a given exit.
- Fires outside the habitat near the exit door: from the habitat exit, proceed into mission control via the nearest door and follow the mission control evacuation route.
6.2.2 Extreme Hazard Procedure
Evacuate Habitat by the closest route, avoiding any damaged, malfunctioning, or contaminated modules, taking extreme care to not touch the hull at any time.
6.2.3 Evacuation and Sealing Procedure
As each module is evacuated, it is to be sealed off from the rest of the Habitat, taking care to not obstruct other astronauts' escape routes. The Mission Commander is then to terminate all power systems (P4.7.5), and proceed with evacuation P4.3.1.
| OCESS |
|Table of Contents|
|Mission Control Staff|