Rendezvous with AYSE Drive Procedures
From OCE Space Simulation
22.214.171.124 Rendezvous with AYSE Drive Unit
- Go to P1.5.11 to ensure that the habitat drive system is nominally functional.
- Select Status: TARGET (toggle TAB key)
- Choose Target as the current planet you are orbiting (press key from Table 1.5.A)
- Select Status: REFERENCE (toggle TAB key)
- choose Reference for orbital maneuvers as current planet (press key from Table 1.5.A)
- Select Status: CENTRE (toggle TAB key)
- choose centre view point as the current planet (press key from Table 1.5.A)
- Magnify image (+ - keys) to see the current planet clearly
- Press F2 for automatic ccw orbit ref orientation.
- If SHUTTLE undocking has just been completed, hold further steps until ground control confirms that the shuttle has completed the de-orbit burn. Keep Status set to CENTRE at all times to avoid inadvertent redirecting of the AYSE drive.
- Apply 3 m/s/s thrust for the required time (consult mission control)
- D to targ value should stop increasing at near the correct altitude for rendezvous.
- Apply 2-5 m/s/s thrust until Vo ref equals Vhab-ref.
- Toggle F5 to bring up the AYSE docking systems control panel.
- Activate the AYSE DOCKING process.
- Wait until docking is complete and Auto Docking indicator shows GREEN.
- Lock and Disarm the AYSE docking latches.