Orbital Maneuvering Procedures
From OCE Space Simulation
1.5.8 Orbital Maneuvering
- Select Status: REFERENCE (toggle Tab key)
- choose Reference object to the current planet (press appropriate key from Table 1.5.A)
- Press F2 for automatic orbit ref orientation.
- To decrease orbital distance, briefly fire the reverse engine (press '[' key then Backspace key to stop). This will lower the height of the orbit on the other side of the orbit.
- When at the low point of the orbit, set -2 to -5 m/s/s thrust to reduce Vhab-ref to Vo ref
- To increase orbital distance, briefly fire the forward engine (press ']' key then Backspace key to stop). This will increase the height of the orbit on the other side of the target.
- When at the high point of the orbit, set 2 to 5 m/s/s thrust to increase Vhab-ref to Vo ref