The Flight Surgeon or SURGEON is a position in Mission Control charged with maintaining the health of the Astronauts.
There will be multiple Flight Surgeons during a Mission. One of these will be designated Chief Flight Surgeon, and will be in charge of regulating all of the other Flight Surgeons.
Duties and Procedures
- Main article: SURGEON Procedures
The Flight Surgeon is charged with:
- Establishing baseline biomeds readings for all astronauts prior to the Mission
- Designing meal plans specific to each astronaut's dietary restrictions
- Monitoring the astronauts biomeds readings during the Mission
- Monitoring BIOCOM during the Mission