From OCE Space Simulation
Revision as of 20:49, 15 May 2017 by SpencerWhitehead
Ryan Torrington-Smith is a member of spacesim, and joined in 2013-14.
- Ryan became a member of Spacesim after participating in Week of Hype] activities.
- Ryan lead a taskforce to tile the Simulator Loft, making it safer and splinter free!
- Ryan acted as a Simulator during the Magellan 2014 mission.
- Ryan was appointed Webmaster for the 2014-15 year. He was responsible for managing the digital resources including the wiki and the website.
- During this time, Ryan introduced Slack, a group communication platform to facilitate teamwork and improve organization. Managing this platform became part of the official responsibilities of the Webmaster.
- Ryan was a member of the programming taskforce and worked on porting the EECOM software into C++, until the goals of the taskforce was revised.
- Ryan acted as a Simulator during the Bifrost 2015 mission.
- With the new, expanded director roles, Ryan became the Webmaster supervisor, a revised version of the Webmaster who holds administrative privileges on the wiki, slack, and the server that hosts the website. He assisted Ivan Fonseca and Jonah Hamer-Wilson, the Websitemaster and Wikimaster respectively, in performing their duties.
- Ryan took charge of the Hab Interactables taskforce, which created physical representations of components of the Habitat that could be used in simulated disasters during missions.
- Ryan will act as an astronaut for the 2016 Mission. He will be the Science Officer and EVA Specialist.