Rate Control Procedures
From OCE Space Simulation
Revision as of 14:33, 20 April 2010 by Stefanido
1.5.6 Rate Control
- Monitor Acceleration to Target (A to targ) value periodically. A to targ value must never exceed 200.0 m/s/s
- When A to targ reaches 190.0 m/s/s:
- Stop engine (Backspace key)
- Select Status: REFERENCE (toggle Tab key)
- Choose Reference object to the same as TARGET for orbital maneuvers (press appropriate key from Table 1.5.A)
- Select Status: CENTRE (toggle Tab key)
- Choose target as centre view point object (press appropriate key from Table 1.5.A)
- Press F4 for automatic depart from ref orientation.
- Check that orientation vector (red) is opposite from target vector (grey).
- Check reactor, engine, AG, and ID status lights.
- Power up engine to 200.0 m/s/s
- Hold maximum engine thrust until A to targ shows 190.0 m/s/s
- Adjust engine thrust ([ and ] keys) until A to targ stabilizes at 190.0 m/s/s
- Monitor A to targ value periodically to ensure that it is stable.
- Monitor velocity vector (green) and target vector (grey) periodically to ensure that they are superimposed. If the AYSE drive is coming out of alignment, do the following:
- Press F1 for manual orientation control
- Rotate the orientation vector slightly in the opposite direction from the deviation of the velocity vector: One key click is a one degree change. 5 degrees should be sufficient for most purposes. Home key for clockwise rotation; PgUp key for counter-clockwise rotation
- Adjust the thrust up (] key) to maintain the A to targ value at 190.
- When the velocity vector is satisfactory, press F4 for automatic depart from ref.
- Adjust the thrust ([ and ] keys) to stabilize A to targ at 190.
- As you get to within a few million kilometres of the target, increase thrust to reduce A to targ to give yourself a better margin of safety then reduce thrust to stabilize it again.