|Mission Destination||Gleise 581 g|
|Mission Dates||Feb. 28 - Mar. 5, 2011|
|Habitat Commander||Ian Martin|
|Mission Control Commander||Euan Wheaton|
|Simulator Commander||Jane MacLeod|
The 2011 Mission to Gliese 581f, Mission Drake-Sagan or Mission Dragan, was the first mission to exit the solar system, and the third mission in the Hawking III.
The Astronauts were to venture to Europa to follow up on Vice-Admiral Rouble's discovery of a strange unexplained signal and to gather as much data from the signal and to find out it's meaning, and if possible, to explain it's presence.
It should be noted for continuity purposes that:
- The AYSE drive was almost completely destroyed on collision with Jupiter and is currently in orbit around Callisto awaiting repair
- Laura was lost after going through the anomaly and was never recovered.
- The Habitat did not successfully land and is now currently moving away from earth. Limited fuel supplies remain. The astronauts are awaiting a rescue team.
- Ian Martin (Habitat Commander)
- Olivia Frank (Habitat Sub-Commander, Medic)
- Samuel Baltz (Chief Engineer, LAURA Pilot)
- Matthew Dunbar (Pilot)
- Arrian LeClaire (Co-pilot)
- Patrick Melanson (Able Crewman)
- The mission started one day late (an improvement over last year).
- A news article published in the Ottawa Citizen regarding the mission.
- Canadian Astronaut Robert Thirsk came to witness the mission briefly.
|Previous Mission||This Mission||Next Mission|
|Daedalus 2010||Drake-Sagan 2011||Red Sun 2012|